In which you learn about 13 sites that debunk Mormonism.
Want a quick and easy way to learn about the differences between Mormonism and orthodox Christianity?
Then check out this list of must-visit online resources:
1. CARM rolls out a clean, systematic page for everything Mormon. Everything that makes Mormonism a heresy, that is.
2. Mark J. Cares at CRI shares an alternative approach to reaching Mormons.
3. Book of Abraham Page. Find resources exploring the J. Smith claim that he discovered and translated a lost record by Abraham.
4. Of course, it’s always best to read the book everyone is critiquing. The official online edition of the Book of Mormon.
5. An official– but frisky–Catholic article on the problems with the Book of Mormon.
6. Writers from the Mormonism Research Ministry explore the trouble with Jospeh Smith’s First Vision, namely that their were ten versions.
7. A robust topical index of articles by the Tanners finds just about every hole there is to poke in the Mormon faith. [Warning: Hideous, pre-1992 website.]
8. Bringham Young University writer Alan Goff reviews Joseph Smth: The Making of a Prophet by former Mormon Dan Vogel. [Insightful reply.]
9. Wikipedia entry on Solomon Spalding who wrote the Manuscript Story…which some believe Smith plagiarized to write the Book of Mormon.
10. Recovery from Mormonism–a twisted website exposing the twisted doctrines of Mormonism. [If you can get through the wreckage you’ll unearth provocative stories of ex-Mormons.]
11. A robust discussion board devoted to Mormonism.
12. Not strictly a website…Matthew A. Paulson’s book Breaking the Mormon Code at Google books. [Read it free, baby.]
13. And last but not least, the BBC’s report on baptism for the dead.
Did I miss any notable websites devoted to debunking Mormonism? Let me know.
**Part of the Quick Facts on Christian Cults series.**